Thursday, April 01, 2004

when my alimentary canal decides to rebel.

i think i would have been better off born without the above-mentioned canal. no other part of my physical self [ok - except maybe my mouth] has caused me more trouble and trauma.

i hate gastric flu. it started halfway through school on tuesday but ddn give it much thought then because i thought it was just the stuffy hall that we were having the equally stuffy Councillor's Investiture in. i felt like crap but still i persisted in carrying out my day as planned instead of crawling back home to seek refuge because i had promised today would be my date with charmaine since we've hardly been able to spend time with each other *sniffles*. so we went for lunch [hah, with the abrupt addition of a certain somebody lol] and wandered around. oh, i went to one of the pillars and smushed my head against it in an effort to relieve my headache. it worked - for like 5 seconds. was it worth the stares of the shopkeeper? i think it was.

so i finally went home. and *drumroll* it started raining. my dearest mudder ordered me to take a shower which after much whining about how cold the water would be, i did.

was the water cold? let's see, i wasnt only shivering, my teeth weren't only chattering - i was hyperventilating. *glares at mother*

she refused to believe i was sick even though i came home withering like a wiliting [ie. decomposing] flower. she only came to the coclusion that OMG, he daughter WAS sick 3 hours later, several incresed degrees and frequent trips to the loo. AUGH.

but what-ever. i am still here at home. i've got 3 toilets here, all fully equipped with lots of tissue, hoses and reading material. it's everything that i would not be able to get at school.

i take comfort in the little things like watching the Oprah Show [surprisingly, i really like it!], Spongebob and several travel documentaries [2 of which were features on Japan] while my peers are toiling away in the boredom of english and biology lessons. like, whoo!
in the comfort of my home, i can look ugly and sloppy in my old clothes whereas at school, i'd still have to make sure my shirt was tucked in and all that sort of palaver.

so other than the painful cramps and the horrid bouts of nausea, it's all quite fun.

yeah, right.
but today's April's Fool. ergh, what a terrible waste. bummerbummerbummer.

as my mother would say - skoodee-dooda!


*on a brighter note, because of all the purging that's been done, my tummy is considerably flatter.
___________________________________________
i'm still not sure what i've just gotten myself into be joining rmun. like, what was i thinking?? what if i screw up in front of not only other schools, but BIG schools.

right. i wasn't thinking.

breathe iz. breaaathe



*runs off in hysteria, conveniently in the direction of IMH*

oh gawd oh gawd, what was i thinking?? their all like, DEBATERS and I can't remember the last time i made a speech to a group of ppl other than my class. and it's so political - i feel absolutely clueless.
the only way i see for me to make through this is to bluff my way through and pretend i know what's going on.

yes. i'll just pretend! wahahahahaha. one thing i learned today on mtv. in hip-hop lingo, bootsie means phony. so i'll just be a bootsie and somehow, hope i wont mortally humiliate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment