Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wah lan eh. You know what school makes people do?

COME UP WITH EXTENSIVE VACATION PLANS.

So far, there are three equally tentative and equally awesome plans by different groups of people. I (impossibly) want to go for all!

1. Bali trip with the girlfriends
Amazing girl-time, confirmed! Will I be able to drag them to look extensively at the Balinese temples? Will I bore them with the remnants of what I (will) learn this semester from Asian Art History? An awesome bonus is that lodging is kinda sorta free!

2. Cambodia with new ADM friends
HELLO CAMBODIA AND ARCHITECTURE AND PHOTO-OPPORTUNITIES. Is Cambodia > Bali? Might be cool to get to know said friends better via rough and tumble vacation.

3. NORTH INDIA WITH LAST YEAR'S INDIA GROUP
Aiya this is the most awesome one of all la. In fact, I really hope that this plan will fall through because if it IS happening, it is honestly the most awesome one (in terms of holiday destination). Come on! I love north indian food! Which is going to be hella fantastic because indian food in its native land is 10000000000000000x better than what we get here in Singapore. And the Taj Mahal! And india is just amazing, period.

Then again: O MONEY WHEREFORE ART THOU?

Say I'm earning $120 a month from workstudy, I have somewhat three months of work coming up - that will give me $360. Other design-related shindigs as off now will (soon) be giving me $100. So, counting all my chickens before they hatch, I've got $460 which should bring me to Bali quite easily but not India...so that settles it I guess!

Now I just need to brainwash the India-Group to postpone their travel plans to the following year! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment