Monday, September 08, 2008

Nutella is a good comfort on nights unwillingly plowing through homework.


This is a really good graphic novel. I've been wanting to read it since it came out a couple of years back, but only managed to do so a week ago from the school library. Apart from the beautiful prose and drawings and terrible poignancy, there's this part of the book, the climax if you will, that totally paralleled a moment of my own life a few months ago.

Its one thing to read a fictional story that mirrors your own, or one that reflects your emotional nuances. But to have something graphically identical stunned me, in a rather aching tugging way. Remember when I mentioned something about poking a heart-hurt like an ulcer? Yeah like that.

In any case, it doesn't really matter much nor does it bother me significantly any more. Just poking around relatively old issues. One day I will get over the weirdness of how fleeting Significant Things can be. I just find it strange, that Huge Things can also be temporal and gone, that's all.



I have no idea why this post is restrospective-everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment