Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome to the new year.

Let's defy the evident death of this blog by posting! Well, here I am tip-tapping on the keyboard trying to pull out of this dry spell, think think what is there to say?

A List
  • I spent the New Year at Tash's house partaaay, which was really fun for many reasons.
    1. Our arrival brought upon much screams of genuine JOY and MIRTH and yes, give it up for burst of sincere and intense emotion! (We told her that we were not coming, God-Knows-Why actually. But I suppose Mission Plans for Pleasant Surprises need no rational justification. Which is nice.)
    2. There was much mad laughter.
    3. Quite absurd actually.
    4. And, the best part I think, is the DANCING WITH NO SHOES ON. It is comfortable, it is casual, it is comfortable and altogether BRILLIANT. I mean, I'm a sucker for shoes but truth be told, it is a mildly crippling relationship I have with them.
Exhibit A
My most recent addition:


I wear it without the funny strap because it well, looks funny. But the colour is so saturated, and shiny, that I just have to forgive it for battering my toes. I mean, how can you not when the shoes make your feet look as if they're sheathed in bright leaves, wet with rain? You just do, you just do.
  • I have, for the past month, been working in a studentcare/daycare centre. I swear, each day spent there was a blog-worthy moment SO THERE ARE SO MANY STORIES TO TELL.
  • Which makes it a little bit baffling, why this blog has been so empty, of late.
Things That Make Me a Bit Sad
  • So a couple of my secondary school friends went to the Siloso Beach countdown party, and suddenly I feel sad that I didn't go with them. I didn't because the parental authorities would not approved, and I only went to Tash's cos I told them it was a small gathering. Which it was, a kinda loud, small, gathering. HOW WAS I TO KNOW, is my weak defence.
  • Well anyway! I feel a bit left out. A social miscalculation per'aps?
  • But I really didn't want to face the crowds, AND have to pay to face the crowd. That's valid, I think. No?
  • Also, dammit, I have no prom photos!
  • This is because I did not bring my own camera.
  • This was because for some reason, I feel much too silly whipping out my own camera and indulgently taking photos of myself and surrounding friends.
  • This however, does not come into play when it is the camera of other people.
  • Then I most willing to vapidly pose and prance about!
  • AND CERTAIN PEOPLE HAVE BEEN RATHER TARDY WITH THEIR PHOTO-SENDING.
  • This person's name starts with a 'Z' and ends with an 'ara'.
  • Hello Zara!

And because I am truly an exhibitionist, even though recent behaviour would beg to differ, here's a painting I did, badly scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment