Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Welcome to the new layout. I suppose I got tired of the minimalist-chic spareness of this place and thus, have traded it for something unfortunately cookie-cutter, but at least, with colour.

I made potato salad today, which was received well.

Potatoes take FOREVER to boil, let me tell you! No wonder everybody eats that instant mashed potato powder crap instead. Although, once you can be bothered enough to boil, juggle and peel the hot potato, and finally mashing it with a terrible amount of butter, IT IS WORTH IT. So amazing, butter and potatoes.

I have come to the conclusion then, that I am much better cooking than baking. There is something that I find difficulty understanding, when it comes to baking. I cannot see the relation between flour, eggs and butter and how the varied portions can result in something that totally looks alien from its origins!

Cooking, on the other hand, I understand. It makes sense to me - and there's that bit of growing intuition that tempts me with the promise that given time and experience, I can be an awesome cook. My mum would call it the Ability to Agak-agak, which means: The Uncanny Ability to Estimate and Hitting the Spot Right On.

Nevertheless, my lack of Baking Intuition doesn't mean I don't try.

The other day, Charmaine came over to my place where we baked rather good chocolate chip cookies and Chai Spice Chocolate Cupcakes. Phwoar check out the massive alliteration!!

Here's the pictoral documentation. Blur pictures ahead, watch out!

Cookies


Spot the peanut-shaped cookie!

Cupcake batter

In their cupcake cups! Charmaine likes the cups, because they are cute. Like panties she says. I don't know her Officer, honest.

Check out our goodies! UH HUH, YEAH I SAID IT, YOU HEARD ME. God, I need to stop watching so much MTV.

Iced. This was the only one that ended up looking perfect. And only because we're showing you its better side. Such utter, complete failure. How am I to become Nigella Lawson at this rate, I ask you.

It seemed funny at the time okay! It was a straight FOUR HOURS of baking and we were tired, and cranky and in need of some juvenile hilarity. (Sadly, I think the confectionery have weightier assets than my own.) (Nigella also has massive boobies. Da-yum!)


And so, the FINAL PRODUCT: Chai Spice and Chocolate Cupcakes...
as well as this:

No comments:

Post a Comment