Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh I am finally musically excited!

#1. Just found norwegian super awesome rockster, ida maria. She's like an angrier Feist and when she screams she sounds like bjork! very cool.
Stella
I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked
oh lol, did she happen to read my diary when she came up with this


#2. HELLO NEW FRANZ FERDINAND ALBUM COMING UP
And holy shit, "What She Came For" sounds so amazing played live, i need to hear them live again. NME's preview of the album says:
'Lucid Dreams' is the real curveball, though. Whereas the version released on Itunes earlier this year was angular Franz-by-numbers, here the song becomes an amorphous 8-minute epic that slowly coalesces into a hefty slab of brutal minimalist techno. It's properly mental.
See, the Lucid Dreams that I know is quite a sweet track, literally. Hummable and pleasant. But 'brutal minimalist techno'! Intriguing! Exciting! I can't wait!

Damn damn they're playing in London on 1 Dec at a cafe to preview their tracks. There you go, another point to add to my list of Why I Should Be in London & Why Can't My Ancestors Have Squatted Over Prime Real Estate That Would Make Us Obscenely Rich So That My Parents Can Send Me To Crazy Expensive London Art School.



*all links will bring you to youtube clips. yeah cos embedding videos suck and make things lag y/n?

No comments:

Post a Comment