Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alexander Rodchenko, a Russian Constructivist (and communist), abandoned painting in 1921 and turned to visual communication because his social views called for a sense of responsibility to society instead of personal expression.

I think that's interesting. I can't honestly say that's why I'm in design, not quite contributing to society. To adopt that stand, it would be more accurate to say that I'm contributing to the world of commerce. And that is definitely not why I'm doing design.

Why am I doing design? Good question. The only answer I can think of, which is quite shallow I suppose, is that I like and like making beautiful things. And I like organizing information in a cool way. That's it really.

Which is somewhat self-indulgent with an OCD slant.

No comments:

Post a Comment