Thursday, November 13, 2008















Mini-class photo with our Graphic Design 1 teacher, Steve Lawler. He was really great and am quite bummed that he won't be teaching us next semester. He had that nice balance between being very chill and letting you do what you want but also giving Actually Constructive critique, you know? Apparently he's quite well-known as a design professional too but whoops, I didn't really know until very late in the semester (read: last week)

As much as I am really very addicted to trawling the Interwebz well, just because, it nearly always ends up with a new addition to my list of pet peeves. Which makes me an increasingly less pleasant person, I'm sure.

So, a new category of people that I would like to say SCREW YOU to: hipsters* posing in their nerdy/geeky-chic thick, black plastic frames acting all cute, hi seriously you look stupid. Just drop the act yeah, the whole oh look at me being all ironic and interesting because you know, I look like a nerd when in fact, I am totally ultra-cool.

Pisses me off! Maybe the whole falseness of it all is part of the "irony" but dude, you don't even have prescription lenses in them and god, they look like part of a costume - what costume? A nerd costume! And I tell you, genuine nerds out there would be embarrassed for you to be somehow unfairly implicated in the frivolity of your camwhoring.

Or maybe they wouldn't be bothered, too busy trying to save the world with quantum physics and all that. But you know who's still bothered? I AM!

Shut up, you make me feel embarrassed to be wearing my glasses for fear that I be considered a comrade in your culture.

And so, to offset the load of vitriol in this post, here's a bunch of really cool pictures gathered from here and there!

*Uh yeah, I kinda realize that this would actually include some of Genuine Friends, but aiya I still love you lot. I believe this is just a phase and our friendship! and love! will withstand this..thing! :D



.































































































No comments:

Post a Comment