Monday, July 28, 2008

Today, I discovered a tool that will help me cope with future burdens of the mind!

I WILL LIST MY WAY TO SANITY.

Seriously you guys, it really works. When I told Hazri of my plan, he was all, but what if writing it down makes it even more overwhelming since it is now a tangible list! Which is a plausible reaction, but thankfully, no, I can totally deal with making lists.

Things I Am Worrying About
*in no particular order


1. Rini being unprepared for her exams.
a) unsure of how to push her without being overbearing and losing her completely
b) her failing her maths and consequently, being immediately slotted for ITE

2. having no Person to talk to, feel very displaced

3. don't know how to win scholarship

4. don't know whether going overseas is worthwhile (financially)

5. worry that above uncertainty is simply a manifestation of me giving up
a) have lost sight of goal? OR,
b) have attained new understanding/perspective?

6. will bank loan me insane amount of money?

7. if so, will financial debt ruin my life?






And you know, 7 items is not too bad at all. It certainly felt a lot heavier when it was muddled up in my head where my thought meanderings led from one problem to another without sufficient constructive space for the actual dealing with issues.

And the best thing is, certain issues which I had previously lumped together as a Worry, I've come to recognize that they weren't even Worries to begin with. So not only has Listing allowed me the organisation to tackle my issues, it has actually DIMINISHED my perceived amount of Worry.

Score! I (am going to) win at life!

So far.

No comments:

Post a Comment