Monday, April 14, 2008

This is not right at all of course. I downed the can of coffee at 3AM to rush my art history essay/exam, not blog. But such are the impulses at 4.54 in the morning.

And besides, I have been feeling particularly, internally verbose recently. You know the feeling - phrases and sentences emerging and floating around in my head..the kind too silly and pretentious to say out loud but from my perspective at least, have a delicacy that I want to make tangible. I have not felt this way in a long, long time, which only serves to confirm what I always feared.

And besides, I've finally succumbed to Aini's badgering for me to blog, and what is more convincing than a bag of surprisingly rich and conveniently bite-sized chocolates? And a really pretty pocket mirror! That I resolve to look at because it is so cute, but not look in because it makes me look so VAIN lah, and the magnifying mirror is also a horrifying mirror. It makes me want to run home and hide myself under a pile of SKII face masks ha! If I use them in the first place, which I don't.

Are you sure you miss this rambling Aini?

It has been a very good month.

From now on, this is the yardstick for what constitutes a good month:
- being accepted into a school that you have long considered the holy grail of art schools; whether this thing is true or not is another thing entirely so SHUSH
- a 3.1 Phillip dress as a *SURPRISE* birthday present
- a *SURPRISE* birthday present from an ex-boyfriend, and you actually, finally, really do like the present, which you makes you happy and a bit more sad.
- weekends spent with lovely, close friends, in strange places and really, just being away from school
- buzzing from the utter gratification of finding out something that is somewhat related to something I've been harbouring since i was what, 16.

I don't think another month like this is likely to come by anytime soon. It's just too good!

It does not take much to make me happy. Lying down on warm ground, facing the sky and open space, and stepping on a daytime moon! That's all it takes, really. Its this tentative, tentative feeling of new possibilities and nuances of reciprocation that make me feel at ease and filled with lightness, and maybe quiet triumph ha! I don't know where things are heading, or even if its heading anywhere at all but I don't care. Here is good.

I was going up the escalator from the City Hall MRT station towards Raffles City and it was raining. And you know, the heavy rain against the glass ceiling made the glass look like a sheath of sparkling light. Never noticed that before.

I'm still buzzing, buzzing. Things* are going so well I can't quite believe it.





*Hopefully this will include my Art History exam happening the day after tomorrow, of which I am concretely, under-prepared for. SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment