Monday, April 28, 2008

And then I suddenly realized!

I love being single.

(Well yes, despite present, possible ambiguities.)

Occurred to me when I dropped by a friend's lj and how she noted that in seeing her boy off to the NS Departure made her tear up, it really reminded me of when I went through the exact same thing some time last year.

And how it was a long, tedious affair that seemed to unnecessarily drag on, but then the day after, holy geez did I feel the loss or what. Especially because prior to that, we were of course hanging out everyday so when he was gone (for what, 2 weeks lol) I could absolutely feel the absence in my life.

It was an absence! A void! Another individual's existence affected my own mental state that much, wow.

And I am so glad that is now gone. You know how some shampoos promise you tangle-free hair?

Yeah that's me alright, tangle-free.

It is nice to be emotionally clean for once, and not have strings so firmly tied to another person where it feels like you're living the lives of two people. Oh to be guiltlessly, relatively self-centered once more!

There's a difference you know - caring very much for your close friends and family, and being in a relationship where try as you much, you somehow become more or less, a symbiotic..thing. I suppose relationships have this close proximity thing that just amplifies everything and I guess I just don't like how intense it can get sometimes. Like ease off, back away! No!

Sigh I suppose all the post-relationship* trauma is coming out of the woodwork now.

Question is: How do people get married at this rate?





*isn't that a nicer word than break-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment