Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Well if nothing else is to come out from this, at least you've provoked a rather creative bout from me so um, thank you I guess haha. It is quite something, first poem thing in years ha. Sometimes I feel pretty iffy exploiting my own emotions for creative output/benefit, but I suppose that is the whole deal-io.



I carry my affection
for you as a pebble
in my chest.

At times, it slips through the gaps
Between my ribs,
Catching light, smooth and warm in
The sun – I let it linger in my mouth,
Before swallowing it down.

It nestles in my heart, silent
and lukewarm.

I’d slip my hands into your ribs,
Seeking to grasp the pebble I know you keep,
So well.

I would if I could!

Where is it? Does it lie hot
Under your clavicle?
Beat against your sternum?
There it is!
Smothered under your diaphragm.

One day, my pebble will
Melt into a soft spot and then, and then,
Evaporate! Into the arid air.

Then! We will be friends
And nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment