Friday, January 16, 2009

Am listening to the new Franz Ferdinand album and its a pretty different sound, some of it sounds a bit weird* to me but there are some IMMEDIATELY strong tracks (Ulysses, Turn It On, the electronic half of Lucid Dreams, Twillight Omens)! It took me awhile to realize that I was already mini-dancing in my seat on the first listen, and hey its been some time since any album has gotten me to do that. The sound is even more layered now, which is awesome. Sometimes I also wish they did more soft ballads because the vocals on Katherine Kiss Me is so emotive and coupled with the lyrics, its quite dirtily wistful.

CANNOT WAIT FOR THEM TO START THEIR ASIAN TOUR.

*not too worried about this either - i remember not feeling half of the second album in the beginning but now I love all the tracks.

I've been having increasingly traumatic nightmares three nights in a row man, which really sucks. Its quite emotionally exhausting to wake up in the morning carrying all the leftover fear, panic and anxiety from sleeptime encounters with Anonymous, Invsible, Malignant Forces giving chase and then having to find a place to hide. Or having a psycho stalker who is just so quietly sinister who makes you feel so scared to even leave the house by yourself because she WILL FIND YOU and then you find out that your mother's an impostor and it's actually the stalker AFTER FACIAL-RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY. Then you kill her.

The residual anxiety this morning was so bad I even didn't feel 'safe' leaving the house.

Oh god. I have issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment