Sunday, September 05, 2004

my sister should not be allowed to choose the communal toilettries that we use.

grk, for some reason, she ALWAYS chooses the wrong thing. she is a total slave to advertising and marketing - she actually believes that we'll orgasmically scream yes! yes! yesss! when we use clairol's shampoo because augh how many times have i told her that it is just simply CRAP.

at least, that's the theory i have come up with to explain her lack of om wisdom in choosing bath soaps. om om i must teach her poor naive 12-year old soul. because i'm too lazy to buy my own stuff cuz when i do, she'll end u using it anyways.

but zenith of her lack of wisdom-osity has led me to this uberly annoyed state. ona grocery shoping trip with mudder dearest, she got us a nice new bottle of shower gel. it is an appealing fruity green and boasts aromatherepy benefits which again is good, i do like ylang ylang and such. like, yay man.

however, my sister chose something that essentially smells like. . . car air freshener. you know that sickening, over-powering, nausea inducing citrus scent? the one that plague taxis, making me hold my breath as long as possible? yes, that one.

and woe is me because today, my facial wash was for some reason in my room and not in its usual place beside the shampoo. typically, i was too lazy to run out to get it but i could not bear the thoughtof not washing my face, i would just feel so icky and uh, incomplete. but whatever, bimbotic idiosyncrasies another topic for another day.

so i had to wash my face with said shower gel and now my face smells like car air freshener. whee.
..........................................
oh hey, here's a survey.
generous readers out there, please, spare a few minutes and recall:
what aura was i giving out when you first saw me?
this is very muchos important for um, scientific research. your lack of participation may cause the dolphins to die and the aliens to come leading to the sad conclusion of the earth spontaneously combusting. *nods with absolute serious-osity*
............................................
i have not written in a long time.
blogging and the occasional school composition is all i've done this year, which is very sad really. i am for the record, never venturing into poetry EVER again *shudders*. the writing is fine, it's when you read what you've written that i cringe painfully and pray that the ground will swallow me to take me on an educational trip through hell. hopefully, that would teach me permanently never to write poetry again.
thing is, i have all these incomplete and half-baked ideas that never get the oppurtunity to be fleshed out because of the very lame excuse of insufficient time. bugger.
another point is that i almost fear writing a full length prose thingymajig because uh, i recently have been a rather harsh self-critic and opening this door might be rather detrimental to me already fluctuating self-esteem hoho.
exactly the same reason why i refuse to take an IQ test. recently in class [edit: hmm. actaully its only nadya but she's so loud its like the whole class hurhur] has been harping on IQ scores and well, i took a test last time and my score was [insert three digits here] and general pondering of where to take said IQ tests.
i do not want to.
i repeat, in case somebody in alaska has not heard, I DO NOT WANT TO. i have no interest in finding out my IQ largely because of the same self-centered ego reason [which i think is what pushes people to take these tests] except that in my case, it is the reverse. oh yes, of course, there is Curiosity. that's what everyone says. but well, excuse me, that's how the cat was killed and having recently seen an actual one, i do not wish to be that dead cat.
and besides, i have these niggling thoughts which whisper eville thoughts about my probable declining intelligence. evidence can be found in dipping quality of work. hmm. they say that every conversation you have increases or decreases you IQ by a few points. i wonder which egoistic genius came up with that theory. although at the same time, hypocritically of course, i wonder whether said hypothesis has a basis of truth. basis? of course it does. but is it ALL true in all situations and case studies?
interesting. interesting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment