Wednesday, July 25, 2007

And then, suddenly! I wrote this strange thing. Its got an erratic rhythm to it, which you know, isn't exactly without a point!..if anyone can be bothered to prac. crit a poem written by a silly teenager (answer: no).

Out of curiosity, do let me know what you think it means. It makes perfect sense to me, but of course, that's because I wrote it and therefore, have my own decoding ring consisting of a personal stock of subtext and allusions.


The Whale to Survive

I am able to detach
myself at will.

The distance between is a whale:
inexplicably, irretrievebly stolid.
I lean against this massive bulk that
blocks the immediacy!-- of perception!-- of reaction!
I lean against this massive bulk
and rest.

And so it is with some regret
that I note the uneasiness -
that! Does not fade, but grows.

I am a mammal out of water.

Gravity enveloping air,
Air enveloping - I am
lit by a consciousness.

I am heavy.
I am only, still.

I allow wind to rub grit
into rubber skin,
and do not move.
A micron of a tail twitches.
It is all that strains in me.

I long for the overwhelming,
the immediate! -- motion
of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment