Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bintan was amazing.

Which is quite funny, considering that it really was just the typical, semi-luxe beach holiday that I've been to so many times. Think the crucial difference is that it was no family, all-friends time. Yeah!

All was typical except that:
- We saw double rainbows!
- And a meteorite! In the day! Seriously. It was a bright burning ball with a tail moving really slowly in the sky. I say meteorite, or INVADING ALIENS.
- And a huge rhino beetle that was saved!

And I loved floating around the pool platform, singing Backstreet Boys and consequently annoying tash who will never, ever, understand the cheesy love for boybands that we kids who grew up in the 90s hold near and dear.

And I loved the stars that we saw at the kelong on our second night. It looked like an atrium! So huge and amazing and augh.

And then there was this partaaaaaay at the hotel club which I didn't go for, but the banner was DAMN FUNNY. It said: Xperience the scandal of the land. HAHA

And sangeetha was flirted with by the bellboy! Who gave him her nummber, hmm Rikda?

And bumpy, buggy rides from the concierge that seemed faster and more dangerous than they really were but sent us into giggle fits anyway.

I loved talking with Zara and Tash in the early morning, and seeing them wake up. You know, naturally, while still in bed. Instead of well, in lecture theaters all messed up and stressed.

And I loved waking up in the early mornings - very bright in Bintan - and seeing Syahrul (even if its his arm pit, ack!) beside me with all the white bedsheets and blankets aglow in the morning light.

I loved trooping down at 5.30AM (i kid you not) to the beach to see the sun rise. And more excitingly, see scurrying hermit crabs that are actually pretty! And a school of fish jumping out of the sea like dolphins.

And I loved floating around the sea and have tiny schools of fish swim around you! Instead of like, a random plastic bag like at East Coast. Sometimes there were big striped fish too!

And huge buffet breakfasts! And being able to see the faces of my friends light up, because we're having such a simple, great time.

And playing with cute, non-bratty white kids named India and Oscar! Who speak french!



I am/was so, so, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment